Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Requiem for a great show




Well the end of the television season is almost upon us and I have to say that one of my favorite shows of the new year was ABC's FlashForward. For those of you who didn't watch it, the program involves a nationwide global blackout where people see what's going to happen to them six months in the future. The majority of the show centers around characters trying to find out what happened, what it means, and if there could be another one. Unfortunately the show has been canceled. ABC of course blames the low ratings but that's a total copout. They have only themselves to blame. The show was going well in the fall and then poof ABC decides to screw the pooch and save new episodes until March. March? Seriously ABC? Didn't you learn anything from LOST season 3? People HATE long delays like that. I know I did. And by the time the show rolled back around people had forgotten about it. The viewers had moved on to bigger and better things. So they canceled it. And yet ABC plans to bring back gems like Cougar Town and V. Where is the justice? I also have a feeling that they aren't even going to bother giving FlashForward a decent wrap-up. FlashForward I think deserves that much. My one friend Mike (who is a fan) told me today that if they aren't going to wrap it up he's not going to bother watching the final episodes. I can't blame him. Why should he reward ABC for their stupidity? Oh well. At least ABC decided to bring one of my favorite shows, Chuck, back next year. Maybe ABC isn't completely braindead after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment