Friday, April 29, 2011

"Hey Bieber Say Hi to your Mother for me!"


















I'm pretty sure the Mayans didn't predict this one but I'm positive it's further proof that the end of the world is approaching. This week Mark Wahlberg spoke at a Time 100 gala event in NYC and mentioned that he and Justin Bieber (who he once dubbed "the white Tupac" and no I'm not making that up) will be starring in an upcoming movie for Paramount. As preposterous as this whole idea sounds, even more ridiculous is the plot. Wahlberg states that the movie is about a "kind of a reluctant mentor in an inner-city environment." Um....what?? Inner-city? Are you kidding me? Bieber is so the polar opposite of "inner-city" that he makes Jon Cryer look gansta. If you dropped Bieber in the Bronx about twenty dudes would run a train on him before they realized he wasn't a chick.

I guess with the recent success of Whalberg's The Fighter and Bieber's hit documentary Never Say Never, money once again rules the day in Hollywood. You don't have to be Nostradamus to know that this movie will be an unmitigated disaster.

Although no title has been released yet I'd like to go with what Annabel_Lecter suggested at one of my favorite movie websites joblo.com, The Happening 2: Why is this Happening?

'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. Mark Wahlberg is a Red Sox shortstop on the verge of being traded.
    Justin Bieber is his biggest fan, who'll be devastated if he leaves.
    Coming this summer:

    "Never Say Nomar"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they mean inner Vatican City...

    ReplyDelete