Friday, April 29, 2011

Original Cast Back for T5???

Great Krom! What is going on with the Terminator franchise? Latino Review is now reporting that not only will AH-NOLD return for T5, but that the ENTIRE ORIGINAL CAST will as well. This mess is quickly becoming more perplexing than a gubernatorial speech from the man who brought you Jingle All the Way.

By original cast presumably this means Linda Hamilton, Michael Biehn, and possibly Edward Furlong. Hmmm...let's see. Michael Biehn's character of Kyle Reese died at the end of the first movie, Linda Hamilton's character of Sarah Conner died of cancer as stated in T3, and I'm not sure how Edward Furlong would fit in considering the character of John Conner has been portrayed by two different actors already. Add to this the fact that Arnie is now 63 and you have more obstacles to maneuver around than Lil' John has gold teeth. Come to think of it all this disaster needs is some Crunk Juice to top it all off.

The working title is Terminator 2012 and is supposed to be set in the modern day. With all the aforementioned factors is this movie going to be a direct sequel, a sideways prequel, a semi-reboot? Will it even be watchable?

Either way it's not going to be Arnie's first film back as originally reported. Instead Schwarzenegger will do the dramatic film Cry Macho by director Brad Furman. Clint Eastwood was once attached to the role, about an aging horse trainer who's fired by his rich boss and then kidnaps his boss's son, only to find that his parents don't really want the kid back. Sounds different than the normal fare we're used to from the governator. Filming on the movie could begin as early as this summer.

It just occurred to me that ideas like the ones I've just reported on is why mankind might be better off if computers conquered the Earth. Or at least KALI-FORN-YA.

No comments:

Post a Comment